WELCOME

This is a casual documentation of our experiences in our new adventure.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Take Apart Day

I read about "Take Apart Day" in one book about homeschooling. I forget the book now, but as I search on the internet, I see it's something that kids do all over the country. I liked the idea, so I organized a day within our homeschooling community.

Kids came with items to take apart. We had zip drives, CD players, cassette tape players, computer mice, keyboards, and more. The kids had a lot of fun hammering, prying, and unscrewing the items. They said it was fun to do something that mom and dad usually say "No" to.

We were lucky that one homeschooling dad joined us with his son. The pair of them had strong knowledge of electronics and were able to explain things to us. The day was a success, with many happy kids, and only a few needing bandaids!

No comments:

Post a Comment