WELCOME

This is a casual documentation of our experiences in our new adventure.

Monday, December 30, 2013

Staying on Track

Or Forging New Paths

I like seeing the kids take pride in their accomplishments. I'm still figuring out how to allow them to follow their own paths and projects versus assigning them what I think school would assign them. As a result, the amount of "stuff" we have accumulated has gone down immensely. I'm still trying to catch up with scanning and cataloging all the "stuff" school sent home with my kids; paintings, homework, poems, short stories, and such.

So, when someone finishes something, I find myself making a big deal about it. Grab the camera, document it. If there's no photo of it, it didn't happen, so we MUST take a photo! It's a learning process for me to step back and allow myself and the kids to just enjoy things as they happen. In this case, after a rollercoaster was built, I asked the kid to take document with photos himself. Baby steps.










(written March 16, 2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment